Elunes Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accepted - Stabiestabie

5 posters

Go down

Accepted - Stabiestabie Empty Accepted - Stabiestabie

Post  stabiestabie Thu 10 Jun 2010, 13:28

Personal Information

Your name in real life : Randall Morrison or Randy for short

Country and hometown : Portadown in Northern Ireland

Occupation (job, student, ...) : Carer for my sick mother

PC technical info (connection, graphic card, processor) : I'll be honest and say I don't know anything about this rig. My original rig went down last week and currently I am using a friends custom built one from years ago that even HE doesn't know what's in it :s It does however, let me play well enough although it can bitch sometimes when doing 25man raids (like last week when I got to Blood Queen) but other than that it's fine. My internet connection is the best I've had which is o2. For anyone that lives in the UK, get it Wink

Do you have vent / mic / TeamSpeak? : I have Vent yes but rage quit my mic last month so currently without one :s

Character Information

Character's name / class : Stabiestabie the Nelf Druid

Talent-build / specc : Main spec Balance - 56/0/15
Dual spec (if any) : Off spec Resto - 11/0/60
Willing to respecc if needed (yes/no?) : If you'd like me to yes, I'm not comfortable with resto tbh lol

Playtime on this char (type /played ingame) : 39 days, 10 hours 4 minutes
Have you leveled this character up yourself from the start? : Yes as I received WoW as a birthday gift Sept 09
Other toons? (class/level) : Level 17 Human Paladin called Lortap and a level 58 Tauren Death Knight called Ozzmium

Professions and skill level and reason for choosing them : Skinning level is 450 for my crit strike rating, tailoring level is 420, just to make myself some funds

Link to your character's armory : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&cn=Stabiestabie

Motivation

Why do you apply to Elunes Elite? : I have seen them advertise a lot recently and have raided with a few in random pugs (be it VoA or the weekly) and they have been a good model for the guild. Since my last guild is disbanding (more on that below) I hate the thought of going back to pugging and I seen your advert (as well as Sacramental's prodding) which showed me that you are on par with my progression in ICC.

What do you expect from Elunes Elite? : To progress as far as we can in ICC10/25 and then beat that each time so it looks like a walk in the park! Also a good bit of craic (fun for non Northern Irish people lol) and a buzzing environment.

Why should Elunes Elite take you aboard? What will you bring to the guild? : I have good gear (if we want to be specific, I have 6k gear score...ugh, I feel dirty lol) that has all be achieve within ICC, including 3 pieces of HC gear (shoulders, trinket and chest). I'm also experienced up until 10/12 in ICC.

What is your goal in WoW? : To be the best of my chose class and to achieve things as much as possible (e.g. achieves/rare mounts, etc)

Any friends in Elunes Elite? : Sacramental. He/she (sorry lol) gave me advise on my talent points that I had messed up and pointed me in the direction of Elunes Elite to apply for it Smile

Ever played/raided with members from Elunes Elite? : Sacramental last night in VoA 10 that we started due to the fail group we were in before. I have raided with a few others but for the life of me I cannot remember their names.

Previous Guild experiences

What were your previous guilds? Why did you leave / get kicked / ....? : Inglorious Dynasty, was there for a month until last night. Left because they are disbanding/not raiding anymore due to the exams that were on and the summer vacations coming up. They were going to start back up again when the new expansion comes out but that meant I'd have to pug until then and with the amount of ninjas I've experienced before and fail raids, I'm not willing to go back to that. Other than that I was just in a friends social guild PC World but it's nothing serious.

What is your current guild? : None now

Do you have any pending applications with other guilds? : Not at the moment, you guys are the first I've tried since last night

Raids

What kind of raider would you consider yourself to be? (hardcore, casual, ...) : Since I'm mostly always free, I'd probably classify myself as a hardcore raider, provided the raids are there for me Wink

Missing a raid whilst being a recruit will most probably result in fail of your trail, unless you could present us with an e-doctor's note, will you always be there during your trial period? I'm always online. There's a reason I'm on a trails so why screw that up with laziness, etc?

When are you available for raids? (Give exact days and hours please) : Monday - Thursday all day, Friday up until 21:00 server time, Saturday up until 22:00 server time and Sunday all day.

You have to be able to raid each thursday+sunday 19:00-22:30 : Hell yeah!

Do you have any raid experience, and if so in which instances? : ICC10/25 10/12 with some HCs thrown in there. Fist 4 bosses of Ulduar, lots of pugs in Naxx (Sapphiron, KT, Arachnid Quarter to name a few), OS3D, BT, MT, etc...

As a trial/raider you are expected to make use of epic gems in your gear and have the best enchants in game. We also ask a full preparation for raids, especially for progress raids. What do you bring to the raid? : I always have 10 Frost Wrym flasks with me, I'm getting cooking up atm for Fish Feast but have Great Feast until then if needed, have plenty of Wild Spineleaf for GotW and I have glyph for CR so it's always on standby ofc (any druid that doesn't have that needs /slap). My gear is fulled gemmed and enchanted, including resto gear (even though I hate/never use it)

What is the rotation you use in a raid to fulfill your role as best as you can? : I'll be honest and say that I changed my talent points last night to get moar damage and currently checking what my best rotation could be. I will have to get back to you with that one but I'm guessing it'll be something like (if against say, Marrowgar) Treants, Starfall, Faerie Fire, Moonfire, Swarm, spam Starfire until I get Solar Eclipse, them spam Wrath until I get Eclipse and ofc top up swarm/moonfire when needed.

That's all for now, thanks for filling in the template. Feel free to add a comment here, if you think you have more information to share with us : Thanks for having a look at my application and hopefully everything is in order here. If not, feel free to point it out to me and I'll be happy to answer whatever that query may be

stabiestabie

https://www.facebook.com/randyboy1986

Back to top Go down

Accepted - Stabiestabie Empty Re: Accepted - Stabiestabie

Post  Inferiorlol Thu 10 Jun 2010, 13:51

The application looks good, same does gear & spec. But dosent boomkin druids use Insect Swarm Glyph instead of Focus? Thats what iv seen all the time. And why do you have so many + spirit gems? Boomkin dosent go out of mana. Or is it for the LOW amount of +SP you get from Socket Bonus? (I know its for meta aswell)
Inferiorlol
Inferiorlol

Back to top Go down

Post  Amyrlin Thu 10 Jun 2010, 14:23

Hi Randy,

this must be one of the best applications I have seen in a while. I'm not talking about the excellent gear (although it is obvious you have it), but the "mood" glowing from the answers to our questions is warm and friendly. An aspect I particularly appreciate.
You also farm achievements, so I might have a new bloodbrother in hunting those useless points Smile
In short, me like, me like a lot. Our officers will discuss this as soon as possible and get back to you on this. Thanks for applying to our guild and hopefully see you here pretty soon again for a positive answer Smile

Take care and have fun ingame in the meanwhile,

Grtz Amy
Amyrlin
Amyrlin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scherbatski Thu 10 Jun 2010, 15:31

You lack crit and are gemming haste while the softcap is at 400. Plus, you have a shitload of purified dreadstone (10sp 10spirit) gems while you only need 2 to activate your meta gem.
Also, why use Glyph of Focus instead of Starfall? Glyph of Starfall is a MEGA bonus to Starfall because of the recent buff they gave us. I also recommend points in Owlkin Frenzy instead of Intensity, because our OOM days are over and Owlkin Frenzy buffs our damage plus gives us mana.

Good luck on the apply.
Scherbatski
Scherbatski

Back to top Go down

Post  stabiestabie Fri 11 Jun 2010, 17:01

lo all, thanks for the feedback. Amyrlin, it's always good to see a fellow achievement whore (s'cuse the language lol) I look forward to hopefully hooking up with you for pointless shenanigans lol. Inferiorlol and Scherbatski, I had a look at my talents, glyphs and gems and have changed a few accordingly. The only thing is, I'm not too sure what I can change the purified dreadstone to. I've always hated gemming blue sockets and the only thing I've seen that I'd change the dreadstones to is Misty Eye of Zul (10 crit, 10 spirit). Anyone got any other suggests as to what I could socket? I really hate blues ><

Thanks again for having a look at my application. If there's anything else bugging you about my application, feel free to say! I look forward to your replies Smile

stabiestabie

Back to top Go down

Post  Proxj Fri 11 Jun 2010, 18:19

First off all, amy's certainly right about your app! Nice1 Smile

As a fellow (alt) boomkin for a month i'd suggest you start studying some sites like Wowarmory & elitejerks (for their Rawr mod.)
Helped me getting to understand atleast a little about the socketing Smile

Bout the blue sockets, just go with the red +23 sp gems (card ruby) if its just 1 socket, most of the time the socket bonus sux arse anyways and ya rlly dont need spirit! Smile
If you manage to get oom somehow, or if its about more than 1 socket and the bonus seems nice it wont hurt 2 socket 12sp/10spirit, even the biggest players get away with it although they never seem to reach more than 2 12sp/10 spirit gems!. Smile

Yellow sockets = just facerolling 12sp/10 crit into them without even thinking about it, the softcap is reached easily enough anyways!

If you'd like to study some, here are some links to help you on your way :

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning%27s+Blade&cn=Lapp%C3%A9
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning%27s+Blade&cn=K%C3%B6lvi
http://elitistjerks.com/rawr.php

Ofcourse these links are just to help ya get on the right path Smile For some extra information i'd suggest you talk to some of our pew pew ingame druids ^^ (scher? Very Happy<3)
GL on your application!

*ps amy isnt the only achiev ***** :p

Proxj

Back to top Go down

Post  Scherbatski Fri 11 Jun 2010, 18:30

Proxj is correct.

No offense, but the reason why there are so many blue sockets is because you're wearing alot of spirit (aka resto) pieces. So just ignore those blue sockets and throw Runed Cardinal Ruby's in them, except for 2 Purified Dreadstones ofcourse.

I see you still didn't take Typhoon in your spec. Any specific reason? It is extremely useful on Saurfang and on fights where you move alot i.e. all bosses.
Scherbatski
Scherbatski

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferiorlol Fri 11 Jun 2010, 18:46

Yeah, most HC druids have 2x Boomkin fights for it. Even with extra damage on hurrycane, as they change spec btw bosses for more dps on adds = faster to new boss.
Inferiorlol
Inferiorlol

Back to top Go down

Post  Amyrlin Fri 11 Jun 2010, 19:56

Hi again,

as you have noticed by now, the flaws in your gemming and specc have been pointed out. Since you seem open to suggestions and help and you communicate maturely about it, we hereby offer you a spot in our raiding team. Just whisper any officer (Sacramental/AmyrlĂ­n/Cordelia) for a guildinvite.

I only want to add 1 thing, something that I feel is necessary and which I have based on some feedback and on one sentence in your application. We are a friendly raiding guild, where we believe every member is trying his best to perform to the maximum of his abilities. However mistakes will be made in raids. "Emo-raging" or flaming in raidchat are things we do not allow in the guild. If you have any problem, we have officers you can talk to in whispers or after the raid in a partychat. If the same person keeps messing up, officers are the ones who will take care of it. This may not ever be a problem for you, I do not have any experience with you in raids or puggs, but I just wanted to make that clear Smile It is in no way meant to be insulting or threatening, it is just important to mention that we try to be a steady guild with respect and teamwork as main objectives.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Grtz Amy
Amyrlin
Amyrlin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  stabiestabie Sat 12 Jun 2010, 08:07

Hey guys, thanks very much for accepting me for a trial with your guild, much appreciated. No need to worry about my rage quiting, Im not a person to start/cause an arguement, I'd rather subdue it with (eg) wtb sex lol....anywho, Currently busy ATM but will try to address a few things. Sacramental was the one who helped me with the talent points & he did warn me about the lack of typhoon. As much as it does slow advancing enemies down, it's more (IMO) pvp, although it does help in Saurofang but that's why I have roots I guess which has done the job before. That and I've always unintentionly pulled mobs because of it & not many people are appreciative of it :/ Proxj, thanks for the links, I'll have a look later when I've sobered up lol. I'll big up Sacramental once more before going but before he/she guided me with my talent points, I was doing 6.2k dps with 6k gs :/ now Im doing 7.2k dps which is a hell of an improvement compared to before lol. I will reply to anything else later as I'm sobering up & tired lol but once again, thanks for taking the time to accept my application & look forward to chatting to all soon!

stabiestabie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down