Elunes Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accepted - Saix

3 posters

Go down

Accepted - Saix Empty Accepted - Saix

Post  Guest Wed 16 Jun 2010, 20:18

Personal Information

Your name in real life : Oria Gruber

Country and hometown : Raanana, Israel.

Occupation (job, student, ...) : Physics / math / IT student in the uni and liutenant in the IDF

PC technical info (connection, graphic card, processor) : 2 GB ram, 3mb/s connection, x1950xtx radeon, E6600 1.7X2 dual core

Do you have vent / mic / TeamSpeak? : got vent, can download TS np, mic broken but im getting a new one tomorrow.

Character Information

Character's name / class : Saix, warrior

Talent-build / specc : 15 / 5 / 51 protection
Dual spec (if any) : fury offspec, not great geared mainly used for questing and grinding
Willing to respecc if needed (yes/no?) : yes, but would rather stay prot

Playtime on this char (type /played ingame) : 25 days
Have you leveled this character up yourself from the start? : yes
Other toons? (class/level) : on outland - a level 80 priest, 80 lock, 80 druid, 80 dk. on frostmane - 80 rogue, 80 lock.

Professions and skill level and reason for choosing them : 446 blacksmithing and soon to be enchanting, its the best professions for a prot warrior (on par with jc, but my priest is already jc)

Link to your character's armory : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&cn=Saix

Motivation

Why do you apply to Elunes Elite? : because i am looking for a stable guild with talented players,who enjoy working together as a team to accomplish goals. im sick of pugging and waiting.

What do you expect from Elunes Elite? : to be a supportive raiding enviornement. i want ppl to show on time (as i always do), if ppl sign i expect them to be there, and mainly i want to have fun. i work all day long and when i come back home at night, i wanna raid and have fun. not wait.

Why should Elunes Elite take you aboard? What will you bring to the guild? : several reasons, i am a good tank, i am highly dedicated, im very friendly. and u can count on me to be at the meeting stone 15 minutes before raid time, fully ready to raid (including buffs and flasks and repairs)

What is your goal in WoW? : to have fun, and to experience all the encounters

Any friends in Elunes Elite? : Amylin <3

Every played/raided with members from Elunes Elite? : probably, i pug a lot.

Previous Guild experiences

What were your previous guilds? Why did you leave / get kicked / ....? : ill get to the point - i failed to find a decent home. i was never kicked from a guild, but i have left several (most recent was due to leaders lying about activity, and failure to set up a raid)

What is your current guild? : guildless.

Do you have any pending applications with other guilds? : yes, with Apostasy, but most likely I will not be recruited, besides, I have agreed with Vamze that he will give me a week in elune's elite to make up my mind and see if the guild is right for me. its not about the gear or the loot, nor about progress.

its about stability. im a commited player and i expect everyone else in the guild to be commited as i am. that means showing up when signing, that means being active, and not going afk.

Raids

What kind of raider would you consider yourself to be? (hardcore, casual, ...) : playing casually, raiding hardcore. i play when i can and have fun, but during a raid im dead serious and strive for perfection.

Missing a raid whilst being a recruit will most probably result in fail of your trail, unless you could present us with an e-doctor's note, will you always be there during your trial period? no - im saying it in advance. on sunday im going on field trip with my platoon and will only be back on monday, so im gonna miss sunday. but other than that i will be able to join all raids (unless something special happens, in which case i will notify)

When are you available for raids? (Give exact days and hours please) : sunday - thursday 19:00 - 23:30 / 00:00ish. not limited on weekends

You have to be able to raid each thursday+sunday 19:00-22:30 : sounds good to me.

Do you have any raid experience, and if so in which instances? : cleared a lot of vanilla and tbc instances, got 6/ 12 in icc including heroic gunship

As a trial/raider you are expected to make use of epic gems in your gear and have the best enchants in game. We also ask a full preparation for raids, especially for progress raids. What do you bring to the raid? : flasks, mats for enchants, gold for repairs, and good mood Smile

What is the rotation you use in a raid to fulfill your role as best as you can? : shield slam and revenge when they are up, (same with bloodrage and shield block), devastate as a main hitter, heroic strike as rage dump.

That's all for now, thanks for filling in the template. Feel free to add a comment here, if you think you have more information to share with us : yeah, i know this app is a bit half assed but let me explain - i talked an hour last night with Amylin, and he convinced me to apply, which i did. but tonight when i got home i saw my app was deleted. so Vamze told me to write a swift apply to give a general idea, no need to work hours like on the first app. thank you for reading Smile

Back to top Go down

Accepted - Saix Empty Re: Accepted - Saix

Post  Vamze Wed 16 Jun 2010, 21:01

Indeed we had a talk, he let me know that something happened to his first app he spent hours on (hours, wtf? Smile )

Think you somewhat misunderstood that 1 week part, what I was trying to say is that a Trial period not only trials you, but you get the big picture of the guild as well, and there will be no hard feelings if you leave because you don't feel like this is the proper place for you to spend the remaining time of WotLK (and hopefully Cata).

Anyways, we'll discuss it ASAP, and let you know of the decision.
Vamze
Vamze
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferiorlol Thu 17 Jun 2010, 01:31

aint we kinda full on tanks now? and atleast warrior tanks?

You may also choose another professions. Like mining (some few hours and you get the 50-60Stam buff) and your glyphs... wtf is that about? Also your specc, 2crit instead of Deep Wounds? ><
Inferiorlol
Inferiorlol

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 17 Jun 2010, 05:30

as a raider - ur better off with crafting professions only. i'll get better stats from the bonuses from enchanting (for example enchants on rings) than the 50 stamina from mining, too bad it doesnt have the added effect of making gold Sad besides, one of my alts is a minder (450) already, so i can farm my own mats for BS.

spec - i was testing it out yesterday to see what generates more threat. i dont crit a lot so deep wounds doesnt get to proc, so i wanted to test out what does more tps, it's not my main spec.

glyphs - 2 days ago, i wasnt arms / prot, i was fury / prot. when pugging i rather have the extra dmg from cleave on trash mobs than on bosses (as most of the time, ppl ask me to tank trash and not bosses.) i forgot to change the glyphs to "arms" glyphs XD thanks for the reminder.

and what about ur glyphs inferiorlol?

glyph of devastate - no. Glyph of vigilance adds more tps, trust me ive tried Smile

glyph of sunder armor - ur actually the first warrior i see that uses it. Personally i dont use sunder armor...ever. why would i? devastate is better, and if ur considering aoe tanking, just go for glyph of cleaving, its better (threat from dmg > threat from sunder)

the way i see it theres a boss tanking spec and aoe tanking spec, what you use is something in between, u use a boss tanking spec with a "aoe" tanking glyphs. i rather go one way or the other, and not the middle Smile

im not tryin to diss or anything, just having a tanking conversation with a fellow warrior, trying to help each other improve Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vamze Thu 17 Jun 2010, 09:22

May I ask both parties to stop the flaming before it even started?
Vamze
Vamze
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferiorlol Thu 17 Jun 2010, 11:25

Flaming? Not rly. But as i dont have any tps problems.. i dont rly need vigilance. I need rage on start only. And that i save when i have Devo (Twice as fast)
Inferiorlol
Inferiorlol

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 17 Jun 2010, 12:07

were not flaming, just having a warrior tanking discussion Smile im a new warrior, and if i can learn from another tank im always up for a good discussion. keep me updated yo Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vamze Thu 17 Jun 2010, 21:45

app withdrawn, closing it, gl with whatever you're doing
Vamze
Vamze
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Amyrlin Fri 18 Jun 2010, 10:06

Aww withdrawn? I thought we were going to accept him? What happened?
Amyrlin
Amyrlin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 18 Jun 2010, 10:09

I was told there are enough tanks, and I dont want to be a third wheel Smile no hard feelings

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferiorlol Fri 18 Jun 2010, 14:21

Saix, atm we are enough tanks... But i can sence in the future that 1 are getting kicked (I hope so atelast) so dont withdrawn!
Inferiorlol
Inferiorlol

Back to top Go down

Post  Amyrlin Fri 18 Jun 2010, 20:11

Accepted after another talk about the tank situation. Welcome aboard!
Amyrlin
Amyrlin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down